Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Miso Katsu FOR THE WIN

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Miso Katsu FOR THE WIN
I am so totally going to get punched in the face for making this one, but I couldn't help it when I saw this photo on Sanspo...

[Hittin' Dragon/Choking Tiger Photo]

[Full Article: http://marinerds.blogspot.com/2008/10/miso-katsu-for-win.html]
Comments
Re: Miso Katsu FOR THE WIN
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:48 PM | NIP Fan ]

I changed the post title on this one to make the joke more obvious -- it's a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon reference, only it became Choking Tiger Hittin' Dragon. Sadly the photo is from the wrong reference point to work. And I'm probably going to get punched in the face by several Tigers fans anyway.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 21, 2008 12:24 AM ]

No punch from me. Good work! It sums up the Tigers' season. A hot streak followed by a comedy of errors.
[ Author: tonydragon | Posted: Oct 21, 2008 3:25 AM | CD Fan ]

I like that very much Deanna - God I'm so excited and happy about what happened this morning (just got home from work - 7pm here in the UK). It was just before lunchtime that the (ウッズ 2点藤川) or something to that effect appeared on the separate browser window I had open all morning. I had to contain myself from singing and dancing round the office, but fortunately I was able to get away and recite a few tunes on my lunch hour soon after!

I have been quieter than I thought I would be this season (in terms of contributing to this website I mean), or perhaps just busier, but there is a small pocket of Dragons fanaticism living on in a chavvy part of South East England, and long will it continue to do so. I'm optimistic about the next stage, though obviously a good start is needed. I'm less optimistic about being able to see any of the games over the net but you never know. Either way, Saturday and Sunday morning are booked for the Climax Series, and I'm sure I'll comment more.

Can anyone tell me why Lee Byung Gyu left the game after one at bat? I'm assuming from what I was reading he was hit by the pitch and suffered an injury - was it serious?

To all you Tigers fans (I mean the real ones) - I admire your passion and devotion, but it really feels great beating you. As I lived in Japan 2002-'07, for me it is possibly even better than beating the Giants, though overall I may hate them more! I can't see Okada-kantoku getting through this one and a new era may be on the way - the team is pretty old - but I hope you recover because it is great for the league having a Hanshin team doing well...

...just not to well!

God it feels good!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 21, 2008 3:47 PM | NIP Fan ]

Yeah, it looked like Lee was hit on the HANDS, maybe knuckles, at the very first at-bat of the game. I'm not sure how serious it was, but it looked very painful if nothing else.

Honestly, I almost wonder if Okada resigning BEFORE the end of the playoffs affected the team kind of like Hillman's departure affected the Fighters last year.
[ Author: Guest: Number 26 | Posted: Oct 21, 2008 6:53 PM ]

Great blog. Marinerds. And great YouTube clips. It makes me want to take the next airplane back to Japan.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 22, 2008 12:27 PM | YOK Fan ]

That photo is simply priceless with or without the captions.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.