Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

BayStars / SeaRex Fanfest

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
BayStars / SeaRex Fanfest
Fanfests on Nov 22 (Yokosuka Stadium), Nov 23 (Yokohama Stadium).

I plan on going to both. Anyone ever been? What can I expect?

My main hope is to get pictures of and myself with players.

Hope to see some other folks there!
Comments
Re: BayStars / SeaRex Fanfest
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 10, 2008 1:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

Deanna went to and wrote about the 2007 BayStars Fanfest.

I want to go to one of the two this year with my son, but have other things (like explanations for entrance into junior high school) to attend. If there's some free time before or after, I want to try. But the chance of my attendance is looking grim right now.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 10, 2008 2:08 PM | YOK Fan ]

I'm going to the BayStars one for sure as I've already been called by my friends and been told to show up basically. But as for the SeaRex fan festival, I'm not too sure if I can make it. I have a Thanksgiving Dinner to attend to that day in Omiya and that's quite a ride. So, we'll see.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:57 AM | NIP Fan ]

If you really want photos of yourself with BayStars players, they did have "two-shot" booths last year where people could get photos taken with players, but you had to buy tickets IIRC. There was also a big sign-kai that I didn't bother with.

If you want photos with SeaRex players you might be better off just stalking them before or after SeaRex games next year. That worked for me with Fighters ni-gun guys at least.

As for me, I went to BayStars fanfest last year (see above link), but can't go this year because I'll be flying back to the U.S. on November 18th for the winter (returning in February). A BayStars fanfest without Takuro Ishii would be too depressing for me to attend, anyway.

Say hi to Atori and Takamori for me!
[ Author: rockeastwood | Posted: Nov 12, 2008 7:05 PM | YBS Fan ]

Great! Appreciate the insight and advise from all.

Love the blog BTW. Congrats on all the great shots!

Here is to hoping for some good weather this weekend. Pretty miserable year for BayStars fans. We deserve our day in the sun.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 12, 2008 11:58 PM | YOK Fan ]

The Thanksgiving Dinner has been moved to another time and I will for sure be at the SeaRex and BayStars festivals. It will be good to go back to Kanagawa as I haven't been there for some time now. Hope to see some new faces there.
[ Author: pigskins15 | Posted: Nov 13, 2008 5:57 AM | YBS Fan ]

I am going to both, too. I have not been to the SeaRex one, but I went to BayStars Fanfest last year.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:05 PM | YOK Fan ]

OK everyone. I'll be heading down to Yokosuka early tomorrow morning from Omiya. Hopefully, I can meet some of you there. I'm not hard to spot so if you see me, let's chat about all things Yokohama and SeaRex. It's going to be a good time tomorrow.

P.S. I'll be wearing a SeaRex cap backwards and a grey hooded sweatshirt when I go (in case some of you are wondering who exactly to look for).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.