Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Miura makes intentions clear on becoming free agent

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Miura makes intentions clear on becoming free agent
Yokohama BayStars right-hander Daisuke Miura declared his intention Monday to file for free agency, saying he is open to hearing from other clubs before finishing his career as a baseball player.

[Full Article: http://www.japanball.com/news.phtml?id=13463]
Comments
Re: Miura makes intentions clear on becoming free agent
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:32 AM | YOK Fan ]

It's really refreshing to hear "Bancho" say that it's not just about the money. Of course, I hope that he will stay with Yokohama but if he decides to leave, he will have my support always (just like Takuro does).
[ Author: rockeastwood | Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:46 PM | YBS Fan ]

I had a chance to play with Muira during an exhibition game at Tokyo Dome a couple years back when we rented it for Hiro, this band named "Exile's" lead singers birthday. My teammates are old high-school buddies with all those guys apparently.

Anyway, I was playing 1st and snagged a pretty hard hit that was going down the line. Muira-san yelled out "Nice play!"

Such a cool guy. He will forever be one of my favorite Japanese players. Sad to see him leave the BayStars.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:33 PM | YOK Fan ]

Well, Miura hasn't officially left Yokohama yet. I'll give Yokohama credit for making the effort to get "Bancho" to stay with the team. 4 years at 1 billion yen isn't something to pass over. Plus, from what I'm gathering from the press, Miura's really thinking this over carefully. I guess you could say he's even troubled by it somewhat.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Nov 21, 2008 10:23 PM ]

So No.1BayFan, if Hanshin is able to sign Miura, will we officially become your second favorite CL team? I think he still has some stuff left, so hope we can get him!
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:16 PM | YOK Fan ]

Nope. Takuro was my #1 favorite player on the BayStars so, my #2 team in the CL is the Hiroshima Toyo Carp. But, I will say that if Miura does go to Hanshin, I may be making a few extra trips to either Tokyo or even Koshien just to see him.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Nov 29, 2008 5:53 PM | HAN Fan ]

According to the press, Miura will announce tomorrow that he is staying with the BayStars. Fan sentiment was apparently a big factor in his decision.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.