Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

SoftBank Off Season Acquisitions

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
SoftBank Off Season Acquisitions
Has SoftBank made any moves besides picking up Kameron Loe? I heard they were after other Americans, but does anyone know who?
Comments
Re: SoftBank Off Season Acquisitions
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Nov 23, 2008 9:21 PM | SFT Fan ]

SoftBank has acquired former Marlins outfielder Chris Aquila [Baseball-Reference] and reliever Brian Falkenborg [Baseball-Reference]. There was talk of them getting a MLB free agent, but I think that would just be money wasted.

Source: Japan Ball
[ Author: Guest: Tim | Posted: Nov 24, 2008 1:14 AM ]

If SoftBank signed Loe and Falkenborg, plus already having Houlton, then what happens to Powell, Guttormson, and Nitkowski? Were they released?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Nov 24, 2008 12:52 PM | SFT Fan ]

Nitkowski was released, and given how horrible Powell was last season, I wouldn't blame SoftBank for looking for some insurance. Guttormson is coming off an injury-plagued season, but he's in a contract year I think, so he'll be looking for some redemption.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.