Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Carp, BayStars, Flaunt New Look

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Carp, BayStars, Flaunt New Look
Just for fun, I think it would be interesting to see people's reactions to the new jersey designs for both the Hiroshima Carp and the Yokohama BayStars.

The Carp's new jerseys look nice and conservative. A sharp-looking solid red for the away jersey, and white for the home jersey. These look more like the Red Sox third and home jerseys than anything else, but they still look great. Need I remind us of the Lotte away jerseys that were unveiled last year? Shudders.

The BayStars new jerseys look like their inter-league jerseys the last few years. Black hats with blue trim. The home jersey, what with the patch on another side of the chest, gives it more of a soccer jersey look. No more pinstripes on the home jerseys, too. The away jersey is gray with blue trim, but they made the odd decision to put pinstripes on the away jersey, which looks oddly enough like a home jersey. If there's gray to be had, I can't see any. Also, pinstripes on an away jersey? Who would see them?

My verdict is that both new jerseys look good. Can't be as bad as the gradient Lotte away jerseys last year, Hanshin's 2007 inter-league jerseys, or the Hawks' third jersey. Pardon me while I go barf at even thinking of those jerseys.
Comments
Re: Carp, BayStars, Flaunt New Look
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 28, 2008 11:52 PM ]

Where can I see these new uniforms?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 29, 2008 5:16 AM ]

You can actually see the Yokohama BayStars new "uni's" on the BayStars' official website. Uchikawa is "modeling" the home uniform, while Kobayashi does the same with the road uniform. Not too bad to look at, a little getting used to, maybe; but if it's going to change the season around next year, I am all for it!
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 29, 2008 8:40 AM | YOK Fan ]

NPBTracker made a post with links to both teams new uniforms which you can view here.

I will say that the BayStars have adopted the Dallas Cowboys' colors of the NFL. Not to mention the logo as well. Because on the front of the official 2009 calender (which I received yesterday) there is a huge closeup shot of a huge star on the left sleeve of the jersey.

Nevertheless, it will take some time to get used to the new jerseys of both teams.
[ Author: Guest: Alex | Posted: Dec 1, 2008 1:24 PM ]

Considering last year's Marines uniform disaster, I'd said the BayStars and Carp did all right.

I really like the BayStars' new cap logo, but it's too bad they are usually navy now. There are too many dark-colored cap teams in the league.

Both uniforms are cool, but it's a shame the collar thing is quite ugly. It's particularly a shame for the road uniform, which is an awesome upgrade over the previous one. It's just nice to actually see a team with their city's name on their jersey, especially in this country.

The Carp did a good job, even if they didn't really need to change uniforms. Still, both uniforms look sharp, even if I'm a bit upset that they dropped the gray road jersey.

Quite frankly, anything is better than those horrible inter-league jerseys (coughHANSHINcough).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.