Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

South Korean roster for the WBC

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
South Korean roster for the WBC
I haven't seen this in any English-language site yet so figured I would draw it to the attention of people interested -

South Korea's roster for the 2009 WBC is at Baseball-Reference.

The only NPB players still listed are Seung-yeop Lee and Chang-yong Lim.
Comments
Re: South Korean roster for the WBC
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 27, 2008 11:06 AM | YBS Fan ]

Actually, I did link to this Korea Times article over in the KBO News forum last night which mentions Lee Seung-yeop and Park Chan-ho as being reserves.

I had read before that Lee Seung-yeop was going to be left off the roster in an earlier news article - which kind of struck me as odd considering how well he did at the previous WBC and in the Olympic qualifiers. This announcement puts him back on as a possibility, but it's still not certain if he'll be on the final squad.

I'm wondering, are there concerns about Lee facing his current boss?
Re: South Korean roster for the WBC
[ Author: Guest: Jim Allen | Posted: Dec 29, 2008 9:46 PM ]

I believe the issue with Lee is that the Giants want him to concentrate on the CL after missing so much of the 2008 season. It doesn't hurt that he is a killer in international competition -- with the exception of the 2003 Asian Championships, when his silent bat helped keep South Korea out of the 2004 Olympics.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.