Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yakult Introduces New Uniforms

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Yakult Introduces New Uniforms
The Tokyo Yakult Swallows are the latest team to introduce a new uniform this offseason... check 'em out here. This pic also shows the throwback uniforms that Yakult will use this year.

[Full Article: http://www.npbtracker.com/2009/01/yakult-introduces-new-uniforms/]
Comments
Re: Yakult Introduces New Uniforms
[ Author: Guest: Alex | Posted: Jan 24, 2009 12:05 PM ]

Not bad, but it didn't exactly change from last year aside from the dropping of the navy away. It can't tell if the new Yakult away is grey though. I am happy to see the powder blues and pinstripes return.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Jan 29, 2009 3:50 PM | SFT Fan ]

I personally can't see the difference between the home and away jerseys. I would've liked to see either the power blues as the aways, or maybe use the same navy blues they've used the last few years.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:58 AM ]

Nice throwbacks.

There seems to be a trend with many teams using off white (gray?) away uniforms. Perhaps influenced by the Giants decision to ditch their ugly black tops early last season? At least the Lions and BayStars also have very light coloured away jerseys. It's gonna be like watching high school ball.
[ Author: Guest: hillsy | Posted: Feb 11, 2009 3:19 AM ]

I really liked that they went with the "Atoms" unis and caps last year as the throwbacks. This year's are good, but not as good.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.