Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

A bright Future for the BayStars?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
A bright Future for the BayStars?
Any chance that the BayStars will improve from past last place this coming season? Even do better than Yomuri? (I doubt it will happen. But it would be nice.)
Comments
Re: A Bright Future for the BayStars?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Mar 26, 2009 8:47 AM | YOK Fan ]

It's still the pre-season so I guess anything is possible. I'm not following the BayStars as much this season as I did in the past as I'm going to more Shonan SeaRex (their farm team) and Seibu Lions games, but I keep an eye on them regardless.
[ Author: rockeastwood | Posted: Mar 26, 2009 7:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

I might be biased, but I am thinking Yokohama is going to be the surprise team in '09. Johnson and Murata could be the best 1-2 punch this side of the Pacific.

I feel it in my bones. Game on!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 27, 2009 9:31 PM ]

I'm more worried about their pitching. Are there any signs of improvement in this department this season?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 28, 2009 12:52 AM | NIP Fan ]

Well, I was at the game on Thursday and watched as Daisuke "Hama no Bancho ... wait, does that make him the ace?" Miura gave up 10 runs in 4 innings, including a grand slam to Hiroyasu "Beavis" Tanaka and another home run to former BayStar Aikawa. Oh, does it hurt.

I was going to say Atori Ohta would save them, but he just had another bad outing too. Eek.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 28, 2009 1:46 AM ]

I think the BayStars will have a major turnaround this season. Last year was just an awful year for their pitching and a few position players; they had a much better team than the record shows. They had the HR king and batting champ on that team and Yoshimura has shown improvement every year.

They will have a very offensive producing team, and they have added some very good pitchers. I would like to see Terehara back in the rotation and for the team to add a closer (Kroon come back please! We made a mistake letting you go!). Other than that, I think it will be a very good season.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Mar 28, 2009 8:01 AM | YOK Fan ]

Well, the Stars did sign Ryan Glynn this past off-season and a few new gaikokujin, namely Les Walrond and Tom Mastny. All have pitched OK this pre-season, but you'll understand me not giving them my full support just yet. But all in all, the pitching still gave up way too many home runs in the pre-season and that needs to change if we are going to move up in the ranks this year.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.