Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mayumi Needs Firing!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Mayumi Needs Firing!
He's made a total hash of things so far this year. Handling of pitchers has been abysmal, he uses hitters who arent producing at the expense of those that are, and he has a girl's name.

He needs to go now.
Comments
Re: Mayumi Needs Firing!
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: May 18, 2009 9:13 AM | YOK Fan ]

We're not even halfway through the season yet and you're already calling for Mayumi's head? Seriously, I can't understand Hanshin fans sometimes. I highly suggest you read the recent post about Ohishi-kantoku and read Christopher's response over a couple of times. Then you'll get a better understanding of why Mayumi-kantoku isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

So, strap up and enjoy the ride.
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: May 18, 2009 6:40 PM ]

Tigers have not been good so far. But don't think Mayumi will get fired even if they end up in the lower half of the table at the end of season. I thought I remember reading Christopher saying that both Hoshino and Okada's first years had the Tigers ended in 4th place.

Speaking of questionable managers with questionable results, I think Ohya-kantoku should have been fired some time ago. How many consecutive years in last place do you have to have before getting fired?
OT: Ohya-kantoku Needs Firing!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 18, 2009 7:15 PM | YBS Fan ]

Speaking of Ohya-kantoku, please read this.
Re: OT: Ohya-kantoku Needs Firing!
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: May 19, 2009 6:12 PM ]

Good news. Ohya-kantoku might be a nice person but with such weak results the team is better with a new manager. The bad news is that I guess Valentine is now out of the question for Yokohama?
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Jun 2, 2009 4:31 AM ]

I want Westbaystars to take over the Tigers. Even though he is a BayStars fan he would do much better than Mayumi-san as head coach. Even Christopher would be an improvement except that the Tigers scores would become over and unders with him . . . and the games would last five days.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jun 2, 2009 9:33 PM ]

Maybe Brown-kantoku could give Mayumi some lessons on losing his temper. Sunday there was a close call in Sapporo that went against the Tigers, leading Nohmi to eventually give up the lead. It's an old tradition to blow a casket and scream at the umps to get the team fired up and awake them from a slump. I'm not advocating treating umps this way, but it's an age-old tactic that often works. After the call, however, Mayumi just stayed on the bench, probably thinking to himself, "Wow, this job is a lot harder than I imagined. No wonder Okada aged 10 years in one month late last year!"
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Jun 9, 2009 4:51 AM ]

Mayumi-san is coaching like he has a fifth place team in front of him.

Why bother getting upset?
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jun 9, 2009 5:35 PM ]

Maybe Mayumi remembers that the Tigers finished fourth in the first year for Hoshino and Okada and figures the Hanshin powers will be patient with him. He certainly isn't managing like someone who deserves more than a one-year contract.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.