Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Friday Night Blanks

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Friday Night Blanks
I can't believe this is still happening. Can you believe the knuckleheads who run this game have scheduled it so that once again, there are no games on a Friday night following a week where there were games on a Monday.

I know about the quirks of scheduling inter-league games etc., but come on. Is it just me who wants to go to a ball game on a Friday night rather than a Monday?

Courtesy of a rain-out we just get a make-up game involving Yokohama. I'm sure the fans slept outside the stadium to get tickets for that one.

As poorly run as MLB is, you'd never see a Friday night (or several in NPB's case) bereft of games.

Just when you think the Japanese game couldn't be promoted in a worse way.
Comments
Re: Friday Night Blanks
[ Author: number9 | Posted: May 30, 2009 11:02 AM ]

The NPB schedule is overly protective of the players. Rained out intra-league games get made up at the end of the season instead of the numerous off days during the season. And rained out inter-league games are made up during the inter-league period (usually the next day), hence all the off days this month. There's something to do with Japanese labor laws though, something about not being able to work for more than 14 straight days or something.
[ Author: Guest: Hiroshi | Posted: Jun 12, 2009 7:35 PM ]

It is again. This is a shame of Japanese baseball. Why no games again on a Friday?
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jun 13, 2009 2:20 PM ]

It is disappointing to not be able to have a beer and watch some baseball on a Friday night, but there aren't a lot of options. It's good that they make up all the games before finishing inter-league play, as they already have so many games to make up in September as it is. At least inter-league will be over soon and Friday night baseball will be back until autumn.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 14, 2009 1:08 AM ]

Also the fact that inter-league series are 2 games long means that Fri-Sat-Sun dates are pretty difficult to organize (except for dome-dome series).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.