Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yano feels discomfort in his elbow; Bay Stars to make FO changes?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Yano feels discomfort in his elbow; Bay Stars to make FO changes?
On 2009-6-15 Gwynar wrote:
...Akihiro Yano appears to have hit a setback: during throwing practice on Sunday, Yano complained of some discomfort in his elbow and his previously scheduled start against Ni-gun Chunichi on the 16th has been pushed back.

[Full Article: http://forums.simcentral.net/blog.php?b=1219]
Comments
Re: Yano feels discomfort in his elbow; Bay Stars to make FO changes?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Jun 18, 2009 10:09 AM | YOK Fan ]

Please TBS, put yourselves out of this misery and sell the team to someone who actually cares. If it took you this long to "possibly" make front office changes as a way to improve the team, then you have no business running a baseball team, PERIOD!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:20 PM | YBS Fan ]

I hear you Matt. I was thinking along the same lines (it's about time someone noticed) when I read a similar thing in Nikkan Sports. They have been tying in with some of their shows, but TVK (local UHF channel for those who don't know) does a better job of promoting the team.

The other thing that came to mind was, is this a move to create a more Bobby-friendly front office? It's a given that Valentine-kantoku wouldn't get far with the current front office. But if a sweeping change were to occur, there are possibilities.

I don't think that all of the rumors of Bobby returning to an MLB team have any merit whatsoever. Give Bobby a team and a TV show, now that could be interesting.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Jun 19, 2009 8:51 AM | YOK Fan ]

The Bobby Valentine Show? It could work. I guess it is a slow week for news when the American press reports on pure speculation as to what Bobby's move will be next year as it regards to his career.

And yes, TVK always did seem to do a better job of promoting the team than TBS ever did. Although, I've been hearing that TBS is running commercials with Miura in them so I guess something is better than nothing.

But on the bright side Michael, I've decided to end my little "ban" on Yokohama Stadium and am going to a few games next month. I've been wanting to go for a while now and honestly can't wait to go.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.