Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Managers flesh out All-Star squads

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Managers flesh out All-Star squads
On 2009-7-8 The Daily Yomiuri wrote:
Let the debate begin.

The Central and Pacific League managers for this summer's All-Star series announced their complete squads on Monday, and their choices reflect different visions about the game, with one skipper opting for experience and fame.

[Full Article: http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20090707TDY20304.htm]
Comments
Re: Managers flesh out All-Star squads
[ Author: Guest: Mike Braun | Posted: Jul 17, 2009 1:18 PM ]

The All Star games are great for fans (especially kids)!
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 3:08 PM ]

Great for fans? Yeah, if you are a Carp fan!
[ Author: Guest: Mike Braun | Posted: Jul 24, 2009 7:47 AM ]

I'm actually a Milwaukee Brewers fan, and a fan of all Japanese baseball teams.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Jul 24, 2009 12:11 PM ]

I'm a fan of good players, which is why I'm not interested in the All-Star game in Japan. The reason I said "If you're a Carp fan" is the Carp players ran away with the voting this year because one of the games is being played in Hiroshima and there was a big push to vote for Carp players. The reality is the Carp are having a disappointing year and having several of their players get so many votes is a joke.
[ Author: Guest: Mike Braun | Posted: Jul 25, 2009 1:57 AM ]

I agree that there was ballot box stuffing or whatever by Carp fans, and that the selection process should be modified. The same has happened in Major League Baseball, as well as the NBA and NFL.
Your point is well taken.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.