Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

World Baseball Classic

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
World Baseball Classic
For those wanting to watch the WBC games in Japan they will be broadcast on Asahi TV and Nihon Terebi. I have not yet heard whether they will broadcast the Japan team games in America. NHK will not be broadcasting any WBC games.
Comments
Re: World Baseball Classic
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Jan 26, 2006 11:19 PM | CHU Fan ]

> For those wanting to watch the WBC games in Japan
> they will be broadcast on Asahi TV and Nihon Terebi.
> I have not yet heard whether they will broadcast the
> Japan team games in America. NHK will not be
> broadcasting any WBC games.

I've yet to discover if anyone is even broadcasting the US team's games in America.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 27, 2006 4:50 AM ]

"I've yet to discover if anyone is even broadcasting the US team's games in America."

MLB TV will probably broadcast them all for a price, but hopefully FOX or ESPN will broadcast some of the WBC games.
[ Author: Guest: c riddle | Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:29 AM ]

is anyone out there willing to trade japanese baseball games on video tape and other japanese baseball items (cards, etc) for american baseball items and video taped games? please let me know.
mrbaseball_cpr@yahoo.com
i am not a sports card dealer, and this is not a solicitation. i lived in japan for 2 years and fell in love with the country and everything about it. any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 31, 2006 3:07 AM ]

It has been announced that ESPN will have exclusive television rights over the WBC. ESPN will be offering 16 live telecasts of the WBC games, and will be airing the semifinals and finals in San Deigo.

ESPN Deportes, will be broadcasting all 39 games of the inaugrial tournament.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060130&content_id=1303417&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
[ Author: Guest: JWG | Posted: Jan 31, 2006 12:05 PM ]

Personally I was hoping for far better treatment of games for Pool A. I'm certainly glad that the games are being broadcast live. But there are some major issues with the scheduling as far as American viewers are concerned.

The fact that all of Japan's games will be broadcast in English is nice, but they will take place at four in the morning, which will greatly hinder its viewing numbers. Meanwhile the other Asian bracket games have a far more accessible time slot (nine p.m.) but will apparently only be airing on ESPN Deportes.

Judging from the initial scheduling list, ESPN seems to be making little effort to generate interest in America for the games (and the players) from that bracket.

-----
ESPNs currently announced broadcast schedule is here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?id=2294525
[ Author: Guest: Jeff | Posted: Feb 26, 2006 5:10 AM ]

I have tickets for 3 games of the World Baseball Classic that I will be unable to use.

I have Team USA vs. San Francisco Giants in an exhibition game

Mexico vs. South Africa

Canada vs. South Africa

If anyone will be in Arizona for the WBC and would like tickets, let me know. I had to buy these 3 games in order to get tickets for USA vs. South Africa. But I will not be in Arizona for the other games.

Email me at njjeff73@optonline.net if you or someone you know may be interested or want more details
[ Author: Guest: jeffery | Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:20 AM ]

Do you know of anywhere i can find a current bracket of the wbc?
[ Author: MHtrStevie | Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:51 AM | CLM Fan ]

I think worldbaseballclassic.com (the official site) would probably be the best place to look for that kind of information. I don't know if they have strict brackets, since the tourney is two layers of round-robin play before a short single-elimination finals (as opposed to NCAA Basketball's massive 64-team single-elimination tourney brackets), but they do have up-to-date standings and rankings of the teams in their pools with upcoming game schedules there.

Hope that helps!

- Stevie
[ Author: Guest: bk park | Posted: Mar 19, 2006 4:27 PM ]

I bought three tickets. Is there anyone here who wants to buy? 3 Tickets. Section 230 Row 14 Seat 1, 2, 3. Price: $60 per ticket. Please e-mail me at byungkeepark@gmail.com
[ Author: Guest: bk park | Posted: Mar 19, 2006 4:27 PM ]

I bought three tickets. Is there anyone here who wants to buy? 3 Tickets. Section 230 Row 14 Seat 1, 2, 3. Price: $60 per ticket. Please e-mail me at byungkeepark@gmail.com
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.