Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Olympic Streaming

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Olympic Streaming
Hello all.

Does anyone know if there is Internet streaming of the Olympics in Japan? I have found some for just about every other country in the world, haha, but of course they are region locked. My one TV is smaller than my computer monitor and is about 20 years old.

Anyways, if you find anything let me know. Thanks.
Comments
Re: Olympic Streaming
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 11, 2008 8:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

NHK has highlights in Flash format (as opposed to the usual Microsoft DRM impaired formats one runs across at places like NBC or Yahoo! Douga).

Video news for baseball is here, again with a non Microsoft-impaired format available. (Thank you NHK for your platform compatibility.)

Baseball broadcasts are listed here. However, those only cover NHK's radio and TV networks. There is no word about Internet streaming of live or delayed games.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 14, 2008 8:47 AM ]

Try nbcolympics.com, and if it's "region locked" use xroxy.com to enter anonymously. Good luck!
[ Author: metro21 | Posted: Aug 14, 2008 7:26 PM ]

Does that work for you? I'm not sure how to even use that (lol).
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 15, 2008 4:26 AM ]

Go to xroxy.com and search for an anonymous IP address and port of the country you wish to "surf." Once you have an IP address and port numbers, here is how to use them:
  1. Go to the "Internet Options" of your web browser.
  2. Click on "Connections" tab.
  3. Click on "LAN Settings" tab.
  4. Check mark the "use a proxy server for your LAN" box.
  5. Enter the numbers you found for the IP address[*] in the "address" box and port[**] number in the "port" box.
  6. Check mark the "bypass proxy servers for local addresses" box and click on "apply" or "OK" button.
Congrats! You should be able to access sites outside of Japan that will allow you to view the games.

I like www.nbcolympics.com because they have "rewind" options which allow for viewing the entire game (all of them).

I get to see my favorite players from all the countries, like Y. Gourriel and M. Enriquez from Cuba, and most of the Japanese roster (Murata, Aoki, Naruse, Darvish, G.G., Iwase, Morino, etc.). I also get to see some of these countries' top prospects.

Notes:
[*] IP address is a 4 part number (ie, 000.000.000.000)
[**] Port is usually a 2 or 4 digit integer number
[ Author: metro21 | Posted: Aug 16, 2008 12:47 PM ]

Thank you both for the great help; I really appreciate it. =]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.