Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

American baseball players, playing in Japan's baseball leagues

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
American baseball players, playing in Japan's baseball leagues
My term paper for a Japanese Politics class deals with the question of how non-Japanese players in Japan's professional league and how their status relates to the characteristics of the Japanese society, foreigners status in Japan in general, etc.?
To all of Japan's enthusiastic baseball fans I have seen Ichiro play at Safeco Field in Seattle and he is truly an amazing player.
Comments
How to Write Questions
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 4, 2002 9:09 AM | YBS Fan ]

CFiJ-san was right. The biggest influence Ichiro has had on American culture is the increase in projects on Pro Yakyu.

Your "questions" do sound unique, and I'm sure that some here who could help you out (although it's really not within the scope of this site). However, you stated the overview of your paper, and no real questions. Please take a look at this thread. You should notice that the more specific the question, the better the answer was. Conversely, the more vague the question, the more vague the answer.

For a first hand look at how one player percieved his status in Japan, I'd recommend checking out Warren Cromartie's Slugging it out in Japan from your local library. Other very good reference books are also listed here.

I hope this helps you get started.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.