Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

MLB vs Japan All Stars

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
MLB vs Japan All Stars
Hopefully this fall there will be a new clash between MLB and the Japan All Stars: I saw the results of the 1998 and 2000 series but I can't find the results (and the lineups) of the past years. I think there were other series, I think since the 50s. Is there a web site (in english!) with all this data?
Comments
Re: MLB vs Japan All Stars
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 26, 2002 10:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you on this. I've been doing searches in English and Japanese without much luck. I found something I'd written in 1996/7 that mentioned that the MLB strike in 1994 cancelled the Nichi-Bei All Star that year, but other than some web logs, I couldn't find anything.

The keywords I've been using might not have been good enough. It seems to me that the information should be out there. But I'm afraid I've failed.

There should be a lot of information on the Nichi-Bei series this coming November. Can it wait until then?
[ Author: Guest: Jeff Matlock | Posted: Apr 27, 2002 10:12 AM ]

Robert Whiting lists these results (up through the 1988 publication date of his book) in "You Gotta Have Wa".
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Apr 27, 2002 4:06 PM ]

Actually, if you can read Japanese, Yomiuri has a thing on the web that is called something like "Yomiuri
Juunen" and it has game by game action for some of the all star series back to 1990, I think it is. For those interested, I'll get out my laptop and post the URL
since I have it bookmarked there.

And there will be an MLB-NPB all star series this November. I'm not sure if any Chunichi Dragons players will be able to participate since they are going to be
in Cuba to play two exhibition games.
[ Author: CFiJ | Posted: Apr 27, 2002 5:53 PM ]

Check out this link:

http://www.jjkusumoto.com/nichibeiyakyu-1.htm.

It has it all, from the 1905 Waseda US tour to the 2000 All-Star Series.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.