Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Norihiro Akahoshi

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Norihiro Akahoshi
Does anyone know what the status is of the Tigers' Rookie-of-the-Year? I hear he's out with an injury of some kind. Details, anyone?
Comments
Re: Norihiro Akahoshi
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Apr 23, 2002 9:33 PM | HT Fan ]

He broke his knee when he was hit by a pitch in a game against Chunichi last week. He'll be out for at least six weeks.
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Apr 27, 2002 4:08 PM ]

Actually, he wasn't hit by a pitch, but rather he fouled a ball off of the front of his tibia and fractured it. Hasn't put a kink in the Hanshin offense lately, though, with Arias starting to hit.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Apr 27, 2002 10:44 PM | HT Fan ]

OK, I must've got it wrong. I'm pretty sure he was hit in the knee in one of those games, and I assumed that's when the injury occurred. Maybe it was a completely separate incident. Still "ouch" though.
[ Author: Tim1701 | Posted: Apr 24, 2002 7:19 AM ]

Ouch! Thanks for the info.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.