Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Rain Cancellations

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Rain Cancellations
We're visiting and have tickets for the May 20 BayStars vs. Dragons game at Yokohama. If there is a rain delay or cancellation, how do I get my tickets adjusted for either a different day or refund if there is no game prior to my departure?

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Rain Cancellations
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 20, 2003 9:32 PM | YBS Fan ]

I was hoping someone who buys ticket before hand would know, or that the question would become irrelevent, but it looks like the 'Stars' game tonight (May 20) was rained out. Sorry about that.

I generally buy my tickets at the gate on game day, so I don't have any first hand experience with this.

It's my understanding that there is no rain-check, where you can use your ticket for a later game. They just refund the price of the ticket. It's up to you if you want to purchase another ticket then and there. (I assume that all of this can be done at the ticket gates at Yokohama Stadium.)

If you've already exchanged tickets for tomorrow (weather man says rainy turning sunny last I checked), then please share the experience with us. You'll probably know better than I by now.
Re: Rain Cancellations
[ Author: Guest: CAPT Seabee | Posted: May 21, 2003 9:27 AM ]

Thanks Commish,

We were able to determine at the game that you can get a new ticket or refund from the location you purchased your ticket the day after, but cannot do anything at that time at the stadium. I surmise they scan the bar codes of the stubs they collected to determine who actually is entitled to a ticket and the computer then OKs an adjustment. I don't know if you didn't attend if you can get an adjustment.

We're looking to exchange for a Giants' game later in the week as we certainly enjoyed the game for 1 1/2 innings at least.

We purchased our tickets at the Ticket Plaza in Yokosuka and will exchange them tonight, and will report any anomolies.

Thanks!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.