Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tokyo Baseball in October?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tokyo Baseball in October?
I'll be in Tokyo in October and would like to see a game - I see that the schedules only go through September. Are there any games I can see in October?
Comments
Re: Tokyo Baseball in October?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 6, 2008 10:37 AM | SFT Fan ]

I don't see any regular season games for any of the Tokyo based teams in October. Now if you're in Japan for a while, it's quite possible that you'll see a Tokyo based team in the playoffs.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 6, 2008 10:44 AM | YBS Fan ]

The first part of October is for making up games.

Then there is the Climax Series (playoffs) for the two leagues.

Finally, there is the Nippon Series at the end of the month, stretching into November if I recall correctly.

In November will be the Asia Series, where the top teams from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and an all star team from mainland China compete.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Feb 7, 2008 1:25 PM | NIP Fan ]

Yeah, it really depends on what part of October. I mean, for the record, the last regular-season game I attended last year was on October 7th in Yokohama. I get the impression the Kanto-area BayStars and Swallows generally have makeups pretty late in the year because of their outdoor stadiums (the Giants were finished at the end of September as scheduled). So, if you're in Tokyo early enough in the month there's a good shot you can see something. If not, there's always playoff or college games!
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Feb 8, 2008 6:25 AM | CD Fan ]

There should be some games in the first week of October. Yakult and Yokohama usually still have games to be made up around that time. (Last year, both teams played to Oct. 9th as they had both halves of a doubleheader rained out.)

Those are probably the only regular-season games you can see; Pacific League playoffs usually start 1st week of October (it might be later, as the Japan Series starts on Nov. 1 this year; it has not officially been announced yet), and then Central League the week after. Hopefully the playoff schedule works into your favor.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.