Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yakult Minor League Team?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yakult Minor League Team?
I don't know much about the minor league or whatever they have for NPB, but I was just wondering if the Swallows had a minor league team? What are they called, and where they play if possible?
Comments
Re: Yakult Minor League Team?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 23, 2008 11:12 AM | SFT Fan ]

This topic talks about the history of the minor leagues in Japan.

- [...] but I was just wondering if the Swallows had a minor league team?

Yes, all of the NPB teams have a single farm team. Currently there are two leagues: Western and Eastern. The Swallows' farm team is in the Eastern League.

The majority of farm teams share the same uniform and name as their parent team. Though, the Lions and Buffaloes have sold the name rights to their farm teams away.

This page should help you out on some basic information about the Swallows' farm team's stadium, location, and some other basic information.
Re: Yakult Minor League Team?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Feb 26, 2008 12:36 AM | NIP Fan ]

The Yakult farm team plays at Yakult Toda Stadium, yeah. I rode my bike there last fall and looked around a bit. (Huh, I never did actually post pictures from that.) It's in the middle of a beautiful park in Bijogi. They're not kidding about that bank over third base side -- basically there's a bike/walking path at the top of a hill, and if you go down the hill, there's the stadium and some softball fields and a playground and other stuff.

(I haven't been there for an actual game, though, no. I plan to go sometime this year, hopefully. It's actually incredibly close to the Chiba Lotte Marines' minor league park near Musashi-Urawa station as well -- about a mile away, maybe? If you have a bicycle and live anywhere near Kawaguchi/Warabi/Urawa, it's a pretty great bike ride. Just be careful going up Road 17.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.