Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Injury Bug Biting Tamura?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Injury Bug Biting Tamura?
Hitoshi Tamura is always getting hurt, and I fear that he's hurt yet again. Tamura didn't play this weekend against the Fighters. Japanese teams are notoriously mum on injuries, and I haven't found any news.
Comments
Re: Injury Bug Biting Tamura?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Apr 24, 2008 6:10 AM | SFT Fan ]

Never mind, Tamura played today and went 2-for-4.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 26, 2008 12:14 AM | NIP Fan ]

You totally jinxed him. I just saw the highlights of today's Hawks-Marines game - dang. Tamura and Hasegawa collided in left field (on what would turn into an inside-the-park home run for Akira Ohtsuka), and Tamura ended up leaving the stadium on a stretcher with a broken leg.

I know I always joke about Tamura being the Most Likely To Kill Himself Running Into A Wall, but I feel pretty bad for the guy -- that did not look like fun.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Apr 26, 2008 8:51 AM ]

He always finds a way to get himself injured. There are guys like this in every pro sports league. Talented, but injury stumps their career. Unfortunate, really.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.