Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Full Inning Streaks

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Full Inning Streaks
Does anyone know who is next behind Kanemoto with consecutive full inning games played? I just wanted to be able to put it into context for people who ask me why his streak is so impressive.
Comments
Re: Full Inning Streaks
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 30, 2009 5:22 PM ]

None other than Cal Ripken with 903 games.

But there is a disclaimer. DH qualifies in NPB, but not in MLB.

Before breaking Ripken's record, Kanemoto broke the then NPB record. You should know who held the record if you are a true Tiger fan.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Sep 30, 2009 8:11 PM ]

Should have been more specific, but I was asking about current players and just in NPB. Anyone know who is currently #2 behind Kanemoto?

With regards to the trivia question, however, I'm guessing that Kanemoto broke Kinugasa's record.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 30, 2009 9:03 PM ]

Your restriction (current NPB player) makes it pretty much meaningless (or very meaningful if you are going for the impressive factor) because I don't think there is anyone besides Kanemoto who has more than two years worth of games.

As for my trivia question, my "true Tiger fan" remark refers to the player whose recode Kanemoto broke. His name is Hideshi Miyamoto with 700 games. He manned third base when Yoshio Yoshida was the shortstop and Minoru Kamada manned the second base. Their defense was something to talk about. Unfortunately for Miyamoto, as a third baseman, all the spotlight went to Nagashima.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 1, 2009 9:56 AM ]

You are right in that it would be meaningless in that obviously no one is close. But it's also meaningful in that I'm trying to put it into context for my friends who are not big baseball fans and don't understand what the stat means or how impressive it is.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.