Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Climax Attendance?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Climax Attendance?
What's with the empty seats at the Climax Series games? Any playoff game in MLB would be sold out in minutes, but I've seen a fair amount of empty seats in Nagoya, Sapporo, and now Tokyo. Is this normal? It's not like the stadiums are half-full, but I have noticed more empty seats than would be expected for such important games.
Comments
Re: Climax Attendance?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 24, 2009 11:10 AM ]

Well, is the Dodger Stadium full from the start in the playoff games? I remember seeing some empty seats until one hour into the game.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 25, 2009 1:53 AM ]

Yeah, I guess LA is also infamous for fans coming late and leaving early. Actually, the weekend games of Climax looked completely full, so maybe It was just a weekday problem.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 8:40 PM | NIP Fan ]

Yeah, I'm not so sure they were THAT empty, so much as just people being unable to get there until, say, 7-7:30, for games that start at 6pm. The Giants-Dragons game I was at, at the Tokyo Dome, had a bunch of empty seats in 3rd-base B-seki, but it looked like the standing-room area was packed -- maybe with people who wanted to only spend 1,000 yen to go to the game instead of 4,000. Who knows.

I will say: I work in the northeast reaches of Tokyo, and I can barely leave work at 5 and get to the Tokyo Dome in time for first pitch at 6; it takes a bit of luck with train transfers (I have 3) and running up and down stairs. And I don't have overtime like most people do.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:46 AM ]

How about when Seibu were in the Nippon Series? There were rows of empty seats throughout all their home games. That just looked plain bad.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 27, 2009 8:21 PM | NIP Fan ]

When I went to the Japan Series Game 4 last year at the Seibu Dome, there were huge signs in Seibu Ikebukuro station advertising "Tons of tickets left for today's Japan Series game!" It was crazy. I'm not sure there is any other place in Japan that you'd be able to just walk up and buy tickets to the Japan Series right at game time. Osaka Dome and the Buffaloes, if they made it, maybe...

But Seibu's had attendance issues for years. It doesn't matter how good the team is, they can't fill that stadium.

I don't really want to start an argument about it, so I'll leave it at that.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.