Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Series on American TV, or the web?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japan Series on American TV, or the web?
Is there a decent way to watch the Japan Series over the web, or anywhere on TV in America? I live in Austin, TX if it helps.
Comments
Re: Japan Series on American TV, or the web?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 9:15 AM | YBS Fan ]

Several methods of watching are discussed in the Media Guide section of this site. While you didn't make it clear that you've looked for the answer before posting, I have a feeling that, like every year, many others are going to be asking the same question, so let this act as a pointer to the solutions.

I would like to bring up a point about the post season and Justin.TV. The Justin.TV solution has gained a great deal of popularity over the past year, and it seems that big events like Koshien, the playoffs, and the Nippon Series push their system to its limits. Furthermore, there are some people exploiting the system by moving the videos to parked sites or blog pages full of Google Sense Ads. I have no objection to Justin.TV making a profit from the great service that they're providing the world, but most of these redirects look like leaches exploiting Justin.TV's services, and many also appear to be potential sources of malware (spreading computer viruses). I would strongly advise using FireFox with the NoScript plugin to block anything from those redirected sites that are not the video stream.

Now that I've done my community service of instilling paranoia, I hope one of the solutions listed in the Media Guide section works out well for you. Enjoy the Nippon Series.
[ Author: wellsoliver | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 11:54 AM ]

Sorry if this is totally off limits kind of discussion, feel free to delete, but is there a place to get torrents of the Japan Series games? They'll be playing at ~6am my time, so getting a torrent later might be great.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 1:07 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'd never thought about torrents before. But I'm not aware of any specifically for Japanese baseball. I'd guess that the usual torrent sites would be the place to check once the games are complete.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:52 PM | SFT Fan ]

There has been one guy streaming all of the Giants games all season long on Justin.tv. I haven't watched in a while, but hopefully he'll still be streaming games for the Japan Series. I can't wait for this one between Yomiuri and Nippon Ham, it'll be good.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.