Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pre-Season Games?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Pre-Season Games?
I'm planning a visit in early March 2010. I know it's too early and the season doesn't start, but is there any spring training in Japan? What about high school games?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Pre-Season Games?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 3, 2009 2:57 PM | YBS Fan ]

The short answers are "Yes" and "Some."

The "open-sen (pre-season games) season is throughout March, as you can see if you go to the Teams page and click on any team schedule (for 2009). If you scroll back through the Ask the Commish or NPB News forums to November and December of 2008, you will find posts announcing about when the schedules became available.

As for high school baseball, there is some. But the teams going to the Spring Invitational are generally decided in the previous fall. So there really aren't any games that matter until the end of March at Koshien. If you're interested in further information, read up in the High School forum, paging back to about February or March of 2009.

The general information you're looking for is all in the archives. Enjoy the research.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.