Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

When do 2010 Tickets go on Sale?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
When do 2010 Tickets go on Sale?
My wife and I are headed to Tokyo April 4th through the 13th, and I found out that the Giants will be at the Tokyo Dome against the Dragons April 9th through the 11th. I've got friends on the ground in Tokyo who are willing to get us tickets, but I need to let them know when they're actually available for purchase. Anyone know?
Comments
Re: When do 2010 Tickets go on Sale?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:48 PM | YBS Fan ]

Tickets generally go on sale 1 month before the scheduled series, plus or minus a few days depending on the length of the home stand.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Dec 16, 2009 10:33 AM | YOK Fan ]

For games during that time period, check back in late February/ early March.

Also too, if you need to get tickets for a Giants game before you come to Japan, you can buy them from their official site in English also as they are one of, if not the only, teams that offer ticket sales in English.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Dec 16, 2009 11:56 AM ]

I didn't know the Giants offered an English ticketing service, good on them.

Early April means that visiting teams are making their first appearance, so tickets may go quickly (or not, someone should check the attendance from last year :P ).
[ Author: Guest: distantmantra | Posted: Dec 17, 2009 1:37 PM ]

My Japanese skills aren't terrible (can read katakana, hiragana and some limited kanji), but I can't seem to find the English site. Are you sure there is one?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Dec 18, 2009 2:59 PM | YOK Fan ]

It's not actually linked on the page per say, but during the season there's a small box on the left hand side of Yomiuri's web page that shows the availability of tickets for each game. It's from that box where you can order tickets in English for Giants games. They use a ticket provider service named E-Tix Japan, which was used to sell tickets to the WBC Tokyo round this year. The website is in Japanese, I know, but that's the service they use.

Again, why they do not promote this more actively is beyond me, but when it comes to the lack of marketing ability in Pro Yakyu, nothing really surprises me these days to be honest.

They've done this for the past 2 seasons at least, and whether they'll continue to do this is anyone's guess. But check back again during the time in which tickets for next season go on sale. I'll probably get something linked here so that people can have an easier time getting Yakyu tickets from abroad.
[ Author: distantmantra | Posted: Dec 18, 2009 4:52 PM | NIP Fan ]

Thanks! I'll keep checking the site.
[ Author: Guest: Distantmantra | Posted: Feb 25, 2010 5:48 AM ]

Here is the link to buy Giants tickets in English.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.