Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ease of Tickets?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ease of Tickets?
In May 2008 I attended a Giants' home game and a Hawks' home game. In both instances, I bought my ticket at the stadium a couple hours before the game started.

How frequent are games sold out during the season? And if the game is sold out a couple of hours before the game, is there a secondary market outside the stadium where I could buy a ticket from a scalper? Or is it generally a safe bet to be able to buy a ticket at the stadium a few hours before the game?

I do see that another Japanese Baseball site does offer a service to buy the ticket in advance for you for a large fee. That doesn't interest me.

Anyway, I'm looking at making a trip to Japan for a week in late May to see some games. Thanks.
Comments
Re: Ease of Tickets?
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Jan 13, 2010 12:38 PM ]

Sounds like your days are flexible, so I would recommend weekday games, as weekend games (for the popular teams at least) are of course more likely to sell out. I usually don't condone scalping, but it usually is pretty easy in Japan and sometimes a bargain, unless it's a really popular team like the Tigers. In late May it should be inter-league play, but I don't think inter-league play has seen a spike in ticket sales in Japan.
Re: Ease of Tickets?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Jan 13, 2010 3:08 PM | YOK Fan ]

The only team that usually sells out their home games is the Hanshin Tigers and as such getting tickets to see a game at Koshien in the early part of the season when they all go on sale in March is HIGHLY recommended. Other than that, you shouldn't really have a problem getting tickets to see any other team on the day of the game as most teams never even come close to selling out.

Any ideas on which stadiums and teams you plan on seeing?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.