Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lotte Ni-Gun

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Lotte Ni-Gun
Hi Michael,

Do you know if Lotte's Ni-Gun still plays in Saitama? I live near the Lotte Chocolate Factory in Musashi-Urawa and am wondering if the big stadium there is used for Ni-Gun. Any info on when games are played?

Thanks

Go Chunichi!
Comments
Re: Lotte Ni-Gun
[ Author: SteveNovosel | Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:27 AM | LOT Fan ]

They do still play in Lotte Urawa. The schedule is on the Marines' website, in Japanese only. However it's easy to figure out the home games even if you don't read Japanese; they are the ones in white.

One of these days I will translate it for my site!

Steve
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Mar 29, 2010 12:34 PM ]

Yep, that's the stadium.

You can feed the schedule through Google Translate to get the info in English.
[ Author: Guest: Bad Teacher | Posted: Mar 30, 2010 1:55 PM ]

Yeah, I ended up googling Lotte and found it. Probably should have done that first. It looks like they are playing Seibu this weekend so I'll try to go and give a report.

Thanks!
[ Author: SteveNovosel | Posted: Mar 31, 2010 1:52 PM | LOT Fan ]

I'm thinking about going there this Sunday as well, if the weather is good.

Maybe I'll see you there!

Steve
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 1, 2010 2:15 PM | NIP Fan ]

I've been there a ton of times in the past. If you go, especially on a weekend, go EARLY, because there are pretty much 3 benches on either side that count as the "stands". It's free, but getting a seat is pretty difficult. I've never been able to sit on the Marines' side, period. Weekdays aren't quite as bad, if you can make it out then.

I have a hunch that a weekend game against Seibu will be even more crowded just because of that Kikuchi kid.

Some people just go there towards the end of the game and stalk the players coming out for autographs -- it IS a good spot to catch players, but...
[ Author: Guest: Bad Teacher | Posted: Apr 1, 2010 4:41 PM ]

I actually cruised by there today. Lotte and Yomiuri have a combined team named Sirius who were playing a company team from Gunma called Pegasus.

I might try for tomorrow. I've never been to a game but I have seen the Yomiuriland facility from an air gondola. It's pretty cool. The Lotte facility is more bare bones. I'm gonna try for tomorrow. I figure a lot of people are working so maybe I can snag a spot.

Living in Urawa for two years and I didn't even know this little gem was right down the street!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 8, 2010 11:23 AM | NIP Fan ]

So did your weekend attempt for a game work out?

Pegasus isn't a company team, btw -- it's an independent league team in the "Baseball Challenge League" which spans Ishikawa, Toyama, Niigata, Fukui, Gunma, and Nagano.
[ Author: Guest: Bad Teacher | Posted: Apr 9, 2010 8:06 PM ]

No..............I was shooting for Friday but the weather ruled it out.

It's funny you mention that league because I was up in Niigata on Saturday and walked by the stadium. It's beautiful from the outside, surprised there hasn't been more talk of them getting an NPB team.
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Apr 9, 2010 10:16 PM | CHU Fan ]

> [...] surprised there hasn't been more talk of
> them getting an NPB team.

Actually, the prefecture has a "Bring Pro Baseball To Niigata" [Yakyu Baka] committee that's trying to get an NPB team to move some home games to the new park.
[ Author: SteveNovosel | Posted: Apr 12, 2010 10:52 AM | LOT Fan ]

Jason Coskrey had an article in the Japan Times this weekend regarding an interview with Ryozo Kato (NPB Commisioner). He talks about wanting to bring NPB to Niigata in the future.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.