Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Watching Games/Highlights

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Watching Games/Highlights
I was just wondering if i could be pointed to a website to wear I could watch live or tape delayed games from the current 2010 NPB season. I live in the U.S., Florida to be exact, and I know that with the time difference the games wouldn't come on over here until 5 a.m. I'm just a huge NPB fan, I dont have a favorite team, I love watching all 12 teams play. I know where to find the box scores and all that, I just really want to watch some games.

If that is not possible I would love to know where I could at least find out where I could watch the video highlights from the games. That would be great, too.

Thank you for the time.
Comments
Re: Watching Games/Highlights
[ Author: Norway26 | Posted: Mar 30, 2010 12:04 PM | LOT Fan ]

[ Author: Guest: D. Moller | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 12:50 AM ]

I tried that and got the message that they are "blocked in your country."
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 30, 2010 4:30 PM ]

Pa-League Live TV (and YouTube highlights listed there) may be worth a try.

A less legitimate way is Justin.tv (user streamed TV).
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 30, 2010 5:00 PM | YBS Fan ]

Watching live is something that's covered in a number of the threads in the Media Guide forums. Please have a look.

The Pacific League has a new paid service at Pa TV-Live, but I don't know if it's accessible from out side of Japan or not. Besides, the live broadcasts are DRM-impared (Microsoft only), so I'm excluded from their service even in Japan. The lower part of that page, though, links to Pacific League approved YouTube highlights (viewable on all browsers and platforms) for your post-game enjoyment.
[ Author: Guest: Phil | Posted: Mar 31, 2010 5:59 AM ]

Thanks! You have all been a big help and really made my day. Thanks again.
[ Author: squampton | Posted: Mar 31, 2010 9:00 AM | RAK Fan ]

I've been told that the paid streaming Pacific League service works outside of Japan, specifically in America.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Apr 1, 2010 12:33 AM ]

All Rakuten Eagles games have been available on NicoNico Douga. I didn't know that. And it's not streamed live, but you can also watch recorded games (though you may need to "reserve" games and watch later, never tried it myself so I'm not sure how this would work for past games).
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Apr 2, 2010 12:58 PM ]

Actually, on the website it says specifically that the streams are only accessible in Japan. So basically it was like last year's, only now you got to pay for it instead of it being free.

The methods of bypassing the IP check posted on the Media Forum might work, but I will not be trying that this year with the amount they are charging.

So if you want to try, feel free to try it out.
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Apr 6, 2010 7:11 AM | YOK Fan ]

You can get links to Youtube highlights at npb.club.tw. It's a Taiwan Pro Yakyu Fan Club website.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Apr 9, 2010 10:29 AM ]

Lions are uploading all their home game highlights as podcasts.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Apr 9, 2010 9:08 PM ]

Ok, it seems that the Yahoo stream for the Pacific League games are actually working even if you're not in Japan. I thought I remember seeing them showing free games for March only, but when I went there today, I saw a message about some errors to the streams on Apr 6, and now they're showing every game live for free without any restrictions...yet.

How long will this last I've no idea, and they didn't say it as well on the site. But for now, if you want to watch good quality Pa-league baseball, you can go here during game times and watch them.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Apr 17, 2010 2:17 PM ]

All PL game highlights are available on Gyao (not sure about IP restrictions).

[Administrator's Note: I get an error and redirect to the top page with the above link. Does one have to be logged in to get it?]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.