Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Getting Pro Yakyu Video

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Getting Pro Yakyu Video
Hey all,

I work for Yahoo! Sports, mainly focusing on video, and had a question. Is there a site or contact person you know of - preferably English language, although I can probably find someone in the office to help me translate - that could help me in getting Yakyu highlights for our page? Every couple months there is a great catch or other clip that makes the rounds on the Internet and we have no way of getting an official copy of it. Maybe that isn't possible, but I thought I'd ask here. There's no official site or contact I can find and was wondering if anyone here could point me in the correct direction. My e-mail is Wilsonch atMark yahoo-inc d0t com.

Thanks so much for your time,

Chris Wilson
Comments
Re: Getting Pro Yakyu Video
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 10, 2010 9:44 AM ]

Just in case you don't know, Yahoo Japan is in a relationship with the company that owns the Hawks. Try that route if you haven't.
Re: Getting Pro Yakyu Video
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 22, 2010 8:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

Seeing as how Yokohama's Harper was just robbed in a similar fashion by Carp center fielder Amaya in the bottom of the 8th of this evening's (August 22, 2010) game at Mazda Zoom Zoom Stadium in Hiroshima, I figure that I'd better let you news agencies know where to write for permission to use the clip.

For Central League teams (which the Carp are), all control of the TV rights is held by the home team. That would be the Hiroshima Toyo Carp.

You can concat the club by writing to letter@carp.co.jp?subject=ご意見・ご要望
(The phrase at the end should be in the subject line if you want it to get through filters and to the right place.)

頑張って。
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.