Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Research Paper Primary Sources?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Research Paper Primary Sources?
I am a college student and I recently spent a semester in Japan where I fell in love with baseball there.

I am currently working on doing my research paper for my Globalization class and am looking for sources to use in my paper. I am especially interested in any Primary sources and would very much appreciate and help anybody can offer.

Also is there anybody on here who is actually involved in any aspect of Japanese baseball who would be willing to interview with me.
Comments
Re: Research Paper Primary Sources?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 11, 2010 7:57 PM | NIP Fan ]

I can't possibly be the only person wondering exactly what it is you're researching, or what kind of sources exactly you're looking for...? Can you be a little more specific? "I'm writing about Japanese Baseball, please write my paper for me" is in the FAQ.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 11, 2010 8:11 PM ]

You might want to give a little more specifics about a possible theme for your paper (i.e. what aspect of baseball and globalization) before people can give you good information. For starters, if you check the "Book Reviews" section on this site you should see most of the major books in English that are related to baseball in Japan.
[ Author: Guest: Tigersguy | Posted: Oct 12, 2010 5:37 AM ]

I understand you are looking for more information but people ask these really general questions all the time and lots of the regulars get pretty miffed about it.

See if you can think of any specific questions you want to ask and then look for anyone who can answer them or guide you to any resources. Here are some I have used in the past:
  • The Meaning of Ichiro
  • Slugging it out in Japan
  • You gotta have Wa
  • The Rise of Japanese Baseball Power

Some of these can be a little hard to find but I wish you luck.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.