Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yokohama Clubhouse?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yokohama Clubhouse?
Hi there. Kinda have a silly question, but it's been really bugging me. As an extensive follower of baseball in Japan I like to know everything I can, even things about the stadium, and on the wikipedia site it stated that the Yokohama BayStars' clubhouse was "located near the stadium." Does that mean the clubhouse isn't just a few steps from the dugout, like, you know every other professinol stadium out there? Or is it really located outside the stadium? If that's true, that's pretty amatuer for the players and coaches.
Comments
Re: Yokohama Clubhouse?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 23, 2010 12:03 AM | YBS Fan ]

I've looked at the Wikipedia article in question, and I'm baffled as to where such a statement came from. But looking at the Discussion section, it clearly states that the page has not yet been peer reviewed, so I'd guess that it is may or may not be true.

I've only been into the underbelly of Yokohama Stadium one time, and there are a lot of doors leading off of the main corridor that leads to the benches. Any one of them could well be a "clubhouse," depending on your definition. What would your definition of "clubhouse" be, by the way? A shower room? A locker room? A meeting room?

I'm not aware of any other facilities anywhere near Yokohama Stadium. That doesn't mean they don't exist, just that they aren't publicized.

The main facilities for the ball club (dormitories, indoor, and outdoor practice facilities) are located in Yokosuka, at least one train transfer from Yokohama Stadium. So I wouldn't call that "near the stadium" by any stretch.

Looking at the Japanese Yokohama Stadium Wikipedia page, I see it mentioned that the Yokohama Marinos (soccer) practice ground and clubhouse is nearby. This may be the source of the statement, but I cannot be sure.
Re: Yokohama Clubhouse?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 23, 2010 11:58 PM | NIP Fan ]

I'm betting they're thinking of Jingu, actually? Yakult has a clubhouse of sorts outside the stadium, and the players come into the stadium an hour or two before gametime; if you know where to stalk at the right time you can usually see Swallows players riding their bikes over or walking from the clubhouse building to the gate that lets them in (the walkway between the infield and outfield parts of Jingu). I don't know exactly what facilities are inside Jingu, but I've been led to believe they're not particularly extensive; the college teams that have buses generally just have their players grab their stuff and run onto buses after the game rather than even changing out of their uniforms at the stadium.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.