Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Posting System?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Posting System?
I'm still a little confused by the posting system and had a couple questions.

First of all, how did this system come into existent? I heard it's a result of Irabu and his insistence to only play for the Yankees. Is that true?

Additionally, is there any pressure among Japanese players to make the initial 9-year contract shorter? From what I've read and seen about NPB, it seems the players are relatively powerless compared to MLB. Perhaps if they could reach FA more quickly this posting system could be abolished.
Comments
Re: Posting System?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 28, 2010 6:03 AM ]

- Is that true?

Have you tired Wikipedia? Is there any reason to believe the article is inaccurate?

- Perhaps if they could reach FA more quickly this posting system could be abolished.

Please write a letter to the MLB so that NPB teams losing players to the MLB will be compensated.
Re: Posting System?
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:49 AM ]

Looks like the Iwakuma talks are dead and he's heading back to the Eagles. Maybe this will result in some much-needed changes to the posting system.

The ironic thing is Matsui is now in talks with the A's, despite the problems they caused.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.