Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ron & Tyrone Woods

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ron & Tyrone Woods
Do you know if the Ron Woods, who played for Chunichi during the mid-'70s, is the father of Tyrone Woods?

Thank you.
Comments
Re: Ron & Tyrone Woods
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 1, 2011 11:55 AM | YBS Fan ]

Considering the total lack of such a report when Tyrone joined either the BayStars or the Dragons, I'd venture to say that they are not related. The Japanese press will usually jump all over a father/son thing.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 2, 2011 12:23 AM ]

Here are Ron Woods' Wikipedia and Baseball-Reference pages.

Recently, the Japanese press was all over the news that the Giants signed Rusty Ryal whose father is former Dragon Mark Ryal.

The only other instance of foreign father-and-son combo is the Keoughs.
[ Author: IsaacWA | Posted: Jan 2, 2011 1:26 PM | CHU Fan ]

I had read the wikipedia article listing a Tyrone as his son. Must just be a coincidence. Somebody would have heard about it if they were.

Thanks for the comments guys.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.