Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nishioka Chant?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Nishioka Chant?
Hey all,

I'm a MN guy and we are really jacked to have Nishioka on our club. I'm a bleacher creacher at Target Field and wanted to learn his chant so we can do it out in the stands. Anybody have a clue what they are saying? I have seen the videos online, but it is hard to determine exactly how it goes. Any help is appreciated.
Comments
Re: Nishioka Chant?
[ Author: Guest: rich s | Posted: Feb 10, 2011 5:09 AM ]

Go to this link for the words. It appears pretty basic. I guess you could pick up the tune from watching the video you've already seen. Hope this helps.

Tsuyoshi's 2010 Ouenka [We Love Marines]
[ Author: Guest: rich s | Posted: Feb 10, 2011 5:11 AM ]

Found this one also: Tsuyoshi's Ouenka [We Love Marines].
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Feb 10, 2011 5:12 AM | NIP Fan ]

Which one? The one that they did this past year basically was just a lot of singing along to a particular tune ("la la la la la"), and interspersed was "Tsuyoshi! -- Let's go! -- Speed Star! -- Tsuyoshi Nishioka!"

The one before that was just a lot of "Tsuyoshi!" along with a lot of clapping to a trumpet song, and "Tsuyoshi hitto!" It was a very soccer-like cheer.

Needless to say he's not had particularly complicated ouenka, probably due to Lotte in general not having particularly complicated songs. If you wanted to get people in the bleachers singing it, the more important part was the clapping and tune... and the trumpet, which may or may not be legal to play in an MLB park? Maybe you could try kazoos.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.