Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Fantasy Baseball?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
NPB Fantasy Baseball?
Is there an NPB fantasy baseball website in English that doesn't cost any money?
Comments
Re: NPB Fantasy Baseball?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:53 AM | YBS Fan ]

Not that I'm aware of.

I am working on getting a fee-based one one up and running before the new start of the season. Much of it is bilingual, but some of it is still only in Japanese. Once I have it up I'll make an announcement.

[Disclaimer: JapaneseBaseball.com is owned and paid for by Fantasy Sports Japan.]
Re: NPB Fantasy Baseball?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 11, 2011 10:30 PM | YBS Fan ]

I have a working version of Fantasy Sports Japan's Diamond Challenge up and running here. Unfortunately, it does cost money and the signup has not yet been translated to English. Signups are until 11:45 pm JST tomorrow night (April 12, 2011). Yes, after the first day's games, not that knowing the totals of one day will give you that big of an advantage.

If anyone would like to signup but is Kanji impaired, I'll gladly talk you through the signup via Skype. I'll only be awake for a few more hours this evening, then will be here all day opening day. My Skype name is "proyakyulive" (without the quotes).

Warning:
One issue you will soon see is that we don't yet have our HTTPS certificate. So to keep personal information encrypted, the site currently uses what is called a "self-signed certificate." While it will hide your communications from anyone sniffing the network between you and the server, this has the minor issue of browsers putting up scary warnings that the certificate hasn't been signed by an authorized establishment. I've seen to it that encryption is used for all communications over the 'net and all personal information is encrypted on disk.

I've donated my extensions to the eXist crypt library back to said Open Source project.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.