Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

New Yakult Swallows Blog

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
New Yakult Swallows Blog
Hi, I looked for information pertaining to how I could be added to the blog section of your website but I came up empty handed.

I have a blog that posts recaps and previews of Swallows games as well as links to live games. I also briefly cover other NPB action with highlights and links. All of it is in English. The URL is http://tokyoyakultswallows.blogspot.com. It's updated regularly so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: New Yakult Swallows Blog
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 7, 2011 11:48 PM ]

Hey Mod, any chance helping this guy out? Almost all of the activity on this site is on that Tigers blog and that guy's style is unreadable for me. Would be nice to get another blog happening in the blog section.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 9, 2011 11:02 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'd love to help him out, but I'm not exactly sure what he needs help with. He setup a very nice blog on Blogger, with functionality that I cannot match at the moment. Perhaps I'll be able to tap into Blogger's API and integrate it here, but I'm afraid that it won't happen in the near future.

I understand your frustrations with Christopher. Yes, he takes a little getting used to. But he does have some interesting ideas, and is far and away the most popular writer at the moment. (Some may say I get "popular" confused with "controversial." The more the controversy, the more comments one gets, which then gives the impression of being more popular.)

I've fallen way behind in my own writing. John E. Gibson has some more professional "first drafts" going up on his daily blog. Then there's Jim Nelson who writes fairly often about the Hawks in a more traditional North American sports beat style.

Other than sending people his way (with the link above), I'm not sure what more I can do.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 10, 2011 7:24 PM ]

"Popular" or is that "infamous" or "notorious".

He's quite the character. He'd fit right in as a Boston beat reporter.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.