Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Batting Cages that go up from 120km?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Batting Cages that go up from 120km?
Dear Commish,
My son is hitting 110km now and I'm looking for a batting center that has 120km and up for the future. But the catch is he is a switch hitter and thus must have a double box for both sides of the plate. The one he uses now has a 90-100-110.

Is there one you know of that goes say 120-130-140 with a double box for switch hitters? We live near the border with Chiba, but we're willing to travel downtown if need be.

Like the site and will come here to chat more,

Switch Pitcher
Comments
Re: Batting Cages that go up from 120km?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 25, 2011 3:29 PM | YBS Fan ]

If you can read Japanese, then these Google search results are for you.

If not, Okura Bowl in Setagaya goes up to 120 km. [Map]

Tokyo Batting Center (actually in Kawasaki) goes up to 140 km for nanshiki (the rubber ball) at the Noboruto branch and both hard ball and nanshiki at the Ikuta branch.

That's just the first couple that I found Googling about. I have never been to either and do not endorse them in any way. Most of the guys I know who go to batting cages go to S.wing in Yokosuka [Map], which has a range of 70 km to 140 km, and the photos I've seen suggest that all of the machines face both boxes. However, it may be a bit far from Chiba, I think.

Hope this helps.
Re: Batting Cages that go up from 120km?
[ Author: Guest: Switch Pitcher | Posted: May 25, 2011 8:20 PM ]

Thanks for your help.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.