Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Vogelsong vs Nishioka

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Vogelsong vs Nishioka
Can you please provide me with Nishioka's numbers vs. Vogelsong? Vogelsong is the story here in SF, he is bring some exposure to Japanese Baseball. Yeah!
Comments
Re: Vogelsong vs Nishioka
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 24, 2011 11:59 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm afraid that the two really didn't see each other that often. This is the rundown that I have of them:

Year AB H 2B 3B HR TB BB HBP K SH SF AVG OBP SLG
2008 3 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 .333 .333 .333
2009 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 .000 .333 .000
Totals: 5 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 .200 .333 .200

1 for 5 really isn't much to go on. Wish I had something more interesting.
Re: Vogelsong vs Nishioka
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 25, 2011 3:39 PM ]

Thanks ... still interesting ...
Re: Vogelsong vs Fukudome
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 27, 2011 1:24 AM ]

Sorry to ask, but can you provide me with Vogelsong's numbers against Fukudome? His next start is against the Cubs.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 27, 2011 9:49 AM | YBS Fan ]

My versus records only go back to 2007, the last year that the two were together in NPB. While they were both in the Central League at the time, Vogelsong with Hanshin and Fukudome with Chunichi, Fukudome only had 6 plate appearances against Vogelsong:

Year AB H 2B 3B HR TB BB HBP K SH SF AVG OBP SLG
2007 3 1 0 0 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 .333 .667 .333

A single, strike out, and 3 walks in 3 at bats. I suppose you could read a bit into the three walks if Fukudome walks his first at bat. But again, there really isn't much data to go on.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 28, 2011 6:37 AM ]

Thanks. I appreciate the data.

Scott
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Jul 3, 2011 3:20 AM ]

Don't think there would be much data on Vogelsong against any of these guys. When he was with Hanshin, he wasn't given much of a chance and bounced back and forth a lot between first and second team. He seemed to do only middle relief with Orix as well, so it's a pleasant surprise to see his remarkable year in MLB.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.