Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Team English Slogans

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Team English Slogans
I'm giving a presentation at an upcoming conference on the misuse of English in Japan--incorrect or awkward English used on clothing, advertisements, product names, etc. I believe that some strange English slogans have been chosen by NPB teams in the past. Is there an archive of these old slogans anywhere? Or does anyone remember some particularly interesting gems that might fit my theme?
Comments
Re: Team English Slogans
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:36 PM | YBS Fan ]

This sounds like a blast of a topic. This custom Google Search would be a good starting point.

If anyone has a good collection of them, it'll be Deanna. These search results produce not only Pro Yakyu, but many high school slogans as well that she's translated.

I hope this helps. And if they record and post the conference presentations, please be sure to come back and supply us with a link.
Re: Team English Slogans
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jun 6, 2012 2:39 PM ]

Thanks for getting me started! The presentation will cover a lot of different examples of awkward English, but would be nice to squeeze in a baseball example. (Pun intended and directed at Wada!)
Don't think it will be recorded, but I might be able to provide a link to my slides later. (This time no pun intended.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.