Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Teams in Need of Pitching?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Teams in Need of Pitching?
I'm curious as to an overview of which teams seem likely to need another starter, and specifically, which teams might be in the market for an American pitcher. I'm thinking of someone in particular with long term success in AAA (including a perfect game a coupe years ago) and recent MLB experience.

What teams would be most likely to add a player of that caliber?

Thanks!

[Edited to remove reference to specific player. Original post sounded way too much like marketing.]
Comments
Re: Teams in Need of Pitching?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 12, 2013 12:09 PM | YBS Fan ]

I don't yet have all of the foreign players gathered for the 2013 season (I'm still in mid-December), but here are the foreign pitchers teams have signed so far (not exhaustive):

* Denotes foreign players who do not count against the foreign player limits.

Chunichi Dragons

Brad Bergesen
Daniel Cabrera

Hanshin Tigers

none

Hiroshima Carp

Bryan Bullington
Kameron Mickolio

Tokyo Yakult Swallows

Tony Barnette
*Rafael Fernandes
*Hugo Kanabushi

Yokohama DeNA Baystars

Enyelbert Soto
Yizheng Wang

Yomiuri Giants

none

Chiba Lotte Marines

Wil Ledezma
Dicky Gonzalez
Carlos Rosa

Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks

none

Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters

Brian Wolfe
Dustin Molleken

Orix Buffaloes

Steven Hammond

Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles

Darrell Rasner
Jim Heuser
Brandon Duckworth

Saitama Seibu Lions

*Brian Sikorski
Randy Williams
Dennis Safate

There have been a number of other signings since I had fallen behind tracking the signings in mid-december, but this perhaps gives you an idea for teams that have been recruiting early and the types of pitchers that they're interested in.
Re: Teams in Need of Pitching?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 14, 2013 10:35 AM | HAN Fan ]

If the player has a reputable agent, the agent should contact Nippon Professional Baseball, Korean Baseball Organization, or Taiwan's Chinese Professional Baeball League teams.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.