Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Reconstruction

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Reconstruction
As you can see, the site is currently undergoing reconstruction. Nothing should be broken, but the appearance will be strange on many pages. Basically, links to the Wiki have been added, and the pages are a bit more streamlined - using CSS for rendering rather than a bunch of embedded tables.

However, the transition is not complete. There are still many pages that need fixing. Unfortunately, I need some sleep. So I'll continue working on the remodelling tomorrow (later today).

Is there anybody graphically tallented out there? The site could use a new logo in the upper left. If any artistic people out there can come up with a new logo, I'd really appriciate it. Otherwise, I'll just tweak the batter in the hinomaru for use. Ideally, the logo will be 150 pixels wide by 40 pixels high and come in a blue, green, red, and orange versions (to go with the four style colors). I'm afraid that I can't offer you anything more than having your artwork displayed.
Comments
Re: Reconstruction
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 5, 2005 1:23 AM | CLM Fan ]

Just wanna tell you that the new forum isn't compatible with Mozilla.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 5, 2005 1:31 AM | YBS Fan ]

Question: Does the top page render OK? That page should be completed, as well as the forum top page. Other pages will have a lot of broken HTML in them for the time being. (Mainly tables that don't open and/or close.) Firefox renders them OK in "quirks mode."

I'll check Mozilla before tomorrow ends. Thanks for the heads up. Now to sleep.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 5, 2005 2:03 AM | HT Fan ]

FWIW, I think the batter-in-hinomaru logo rocks. Also, I, too, use Mozilla - I'm not sure what the new design is supposed to look like, but there's no broken HTML.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: May 5, 2005 9:53 AM | TYS Fan ]

- FWIW, I think the batter-in-hinomaru logo rocks.

I agree with this, too. I thought the old logo was just fine.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 5, 2005 8:54 AM | CLM Fan ]

Top page looks just fine.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 6, 2005 12:01 AM | YBS Fan ]

Reconstruction is continuing. I just fixed a problem with posting to the forum, and I think it was the last problem. All of the forum pages should now pass HTML 4.01 Transitional tests (some comments excepted).

The teams index, players, and schedules pages have also been updated.

I'm still working on the player profile page. It's looking pretty bad, at least on FireFox.

One thing I've noticed is that pages set to UTF-8 encoding, at least on my Mac, come out with smaller fonts. Do others see this as a problem? Should I increase the base font size? (I like small, personally, but know that others do not.)
[ Author: Guest: The Duke | Posted: May 8, 2005 12:06 AM ]

The new format looks great, Westbay-san. Don't worry, I won't butcher a song for you. A hip-hip-hoooray is in order.

I had a problem posting the other night, but as you mentioned, that's been fixed.

One area I can no longer find is the schedule section, were one could find the team schedules. I am coming to Tokyo in a couple of weeks and wanted to see who was playing on the afternoon of May 22. I might even see if Bobby V's Marines are home.
OT: Schedules
[ Author: Guest: The Duke | Posted: May 8, 2005 12:22 AM ]

After some more poking around, I found the schedules section. Kind of OT, but if a time isn't listed on the schedule, is it a night game then?

Between Jingu, Yokohama, or Chiba stadium, which do you think would be most comfortable on a May evening? Tokyo Dome doesn't do it for me for night baseball.
Re: OT: Schedules
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 9, 2005 9:56 PM | YBS Fan ]

- [...] if a time isn't listed on the schedule, is it a night game then?

No, it means that I still haven't gotten around to entering the times into the database.

The general rule is that if it's a weekday, it's a night game (national holidays excluded). The Pacific League usually plays day games on weekends, and Central League teams not playing the Giants play quite a few day games on the weekends as well.

I'll try to elevate entering the times higher on my TODO list.
Re: OT: Schedules
[ Author: Guest: The Duke | Posted: May 10, 2005 1:29 AM ]

Thanks, Westbay-san. No need to alter your schedule for me. Do you have any thoughts on the 3 parks I mentioned?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.