Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Identity Theft

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Identity Theft
It was brought to my attention that somebody was using my handle "westbaystars" on one of the MLB chat sites. (S)he said that the posts were "out of character" for me.

I thought to myself, well, there is a possiblity that somebody else who's last name is Westbay and is a BayStars' fan might also choose such a handle. So I went to see what was posted. Hmm. Not exactly my brand of humor. And it's quite obvious that he's at least 10 years younger than me.

But the important thing is that this person is linking back to this site in his (her?) signature (at the time of this writing - it may change). That means that this person intends to have his/her comments reflected as something that I say. This is a clear case of itentity theft - and I don't know what the intentions of this person are.

I know I've made a number of enemies over the years. From critisizing Hirooka-GM and Watanabe-owner to moderating racist comments out of this board, there are a number of people who would like to make me look bad. (I've also had a number of formmail and ssh scanners/attackers lose their Internet access as I actively report cyber attacks on this site.)

To Mr. or Ms. Westbaystars on the MLB chat boards: Thank you for the nice comments about the site. But please don't impersonate me. Thank you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.