Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers Fan Forum?

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Tigers Fan Forum?
Since the forums with the most posts are being inundated with posts about Hanshin, why don't we just create a whole new section for themselves? That way, the posters can feel free to talk about Japanese baseball as a whole, not just one team. Just a thought.
Comments
Re: Tigers Fan Forum?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 12, 2005 4:41 PM ]

I'll think I'll give this response a try. The Hanshin Tigers are one of Japan's most popular baseball teams, and a lot of the discussions going on in the Open Talk forum are going to discuss something about Hanshin every now and then most likely. This is the purpose of the Open Talk forum, to chat and talk about Japanese baseball as a whole.
[ Author: badteacher | Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:35 PM | CD Fan ]

I kind of see both points. I would like to see team forums eventually, but right now considering we have a core group of Tiger fans posting, that's kind of what the "market" is dictating. It's a little hard to swallow (especially when they beat my team 2 out of 3 at home ) but Tiger Nation is a strong part of this board and we'd lose something without 'em. If the board gets bigger, and it will get bigger, team forums should be started, but I don't think the numbers are there right now.

Anyhow, long live the People's Republic of Chunichi.
[ Author: Guest: Mariner | Posted: Aug 15, 2005 11:49 AM ]

- I would like to see team forums eventually, but right now considering we have a core group of Tiger fans posting, that's kind of what the "market" is dictating.

I understand your point. But if the forums were an actual "market," then the Hanshin supporters seem to have a complete monopoly. There are eleven other teams in Japanese baseball and I would love to see all of them being represented. I'm not suggesting that Mr. Westbay should create team forums immediately, but I think supporters of other teams will see that as a welcome change.
[ Author: himself | Posted: Aug 12, 2005 11:51 PM | FSH Fan ]

I do understand the point that the original poster makes, but I have to go with John on this one. If the Tigers are a part of Japanese baseball (and they definitely are), then they should be included in the discussion.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:26 PM | YBS Fan ]

I think I've got the cure for both this and the real time posting problem: The Chat Box.

Last year I did the Pro Yakyu Game of the Week with the above linked chat system, which worked out very well. So, how about bringing it back and letting people chat about baseball games live, as they happen, when they like? The conversations will be for the moment, not saved. But this is the basic spirit of much of the chatter that I think the Tiger fans are after.

I have considered creating team forums in the past. In fact, the original forums were setup with a forum for each team. That didn't work out very well. Lack of cross referencing ability (did the last series at Nagoya Dome belong under Hanshin or Chunichi?) and topics drifting from one team focus to another made it rather unuseful. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but team forums aren't it. Sorry.

Anyway, let's try out the Chat Box for a while and see if this helps eliviate some of the recent growing pains the site is having.
[ Author: The Great Oni | Posted: Aug 13, 2005 10:39 PM | HT Fan ]

I was in the Chat Box for a good portion of the game, alone. John, mijow and a few others signed in and left before I signed on. I guess we just need to spread the word. Giants had another sayonara victory in extra innings, so a few shoulders to cry on would have been nice.
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 11:44 PM ]

All you had to do was look in the section for "Open Talk" or "News." You'll find plenty of Tigers fans (and Tigers fans only) there.

I have nothing against their fans. I just feel like the fans of other teams are grossly misrepresented.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.