Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Commentator Wanted

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Commentator Wanted
I'm looking for a guest commentator for the upcoming Nippon Series games. With at least 21 torakichi out there according to the fan poll (see graph on left) compared to just four Marine and Hawk fans, I figure that a Tiger commentator will probably be best (but other fans are welcome). If possible, I'd like to get more than one volunteer and we can cycle through nightly or with shifts. Here are the requirements:
  • Live in Japan with a broadband connection.
  • Have access to a TV with the Nippon Series game(s) while at your computer.
  • Have Skype installed on your computer with a microphone and headphones (a phone looking device is also acceptable, but probably not as comfortable).
  • Have the time to watch and comment on the Nippon Series which will be held from October 22 to 30, 2005 (perhaps going longer if there is a rain out).
I will do what I can to help out anyone with making sure that Skype is properly setup. This is similar to how Stevie-san and I have been doing interviews over Internet radio WSPN, him in New York state and me in Yokohama, so I know that this is possible. And I also know that things will go wrong if there isn't a bit of testing before hand.

A couple of people have commented that these Pro Yakyu Live! broadcasts really need a commentator, and I agree. It's hard filling in all that dead time, and I know that there are many of you out there with a great deal more knowledge than me, so let's hear it. Let's make the Nippon Series broadcasts the best they can be.

Please post your e-mail address in the reply. I'll remove the e-mail address and leave the rest of your post (unless you direct otherwise) and get back to you via e-mail.

I've actually had a couple of people say that they'd like to do this, but they're currently in the U.S., making it rather difficult. I'm sure most fans would rather be at the games than in their living rooms chatting on-line, but if you don't have tickets, please consider it.

The Pacific League playoffs are coming along very nicely. It's been an exciting four games so far, and the Exciting Pa promises to continue. Let's see if the Nippon Series can equal the excitement of the playoffs, with you contributing your knowledge to be a part of that excitement for our Pro Yakyu community.
Comments
Re: Commentator Wanted
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Oct 13, 2005 10:43 PM | YAK Fan ]

I'd love to help out, and I meet the first three requirements, but unfortunately the earliest I can get home from work is around 8 PM, and by that time the games are already well underway, if not almost over. If you don't get anybody to help out, and you're still looking for someone, I'd be willing to try a game if you don't mind me starting from halfway in. I should also mention that I only have regular broadcast TV, not a satellite setup.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.