Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2006 Schedules

Discussion in the Administrative forum
2006 Schedules
At long last, the game times have been announced and I've entered the 2006 season schedules.

Warning: Inter-league schedules have not yet been entered. That's next on the list.
Comments
Re: 2006 Schedules
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jan 27, 2006 12:50 PM | HAN Fan ]

Great work and many thanks, but I don't think they start that early in the day though.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 27, 2006 1:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

Oops. Need to convert to 24-hour time to enter. Thanks for catching that.
2006 Rosters
[ Author: Guest: buymeabeer | Posted: Feb 10, 2006 9:39 AM ]

Are the foreigners intentionally left out for now? Are they really that unpredictable?
Re: 2006 Rosters
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 10, 2006 1:05 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm still entering the 2006 rosters. I start with returning players, then move to new players. You'll notice that the 3rd - 6th place teams from last year are full except for new players at the time of this writing. It's not just the new foreign players, it's the newly drafted Japanese players who are missing as well.

The reason I enter new players last is because I like to enter all of the new player's information at once - birthdate, birthplace, etc. - information that is not in the daily roster announcements in the newspapers that started last week (one team per day).

The 2006 Player Meikan from Shukan Baseball came out yesterday, so I'll finally be able to enter all of the players, rather than just the returning players. I'll make the announcement when I'm finished.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Feb 10, 2006 1:25 PM | TYS Fan ]

Great work Michael as usual.

One thing, though. Is there any chance that you can change the Swallows name to reflect their new for 2006 name - "Tokyo Yakult Swallows" - in the Team/Player/Schedule sections?

Many thanks.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 10, 2006 1:56 PM | YBS Fan ]

I didn't realize that that was official (there's talk every year about some team changing its name, but rarely anything done). But looking that this year's Meikan, I see it's true! I'll take care of that this evening after work.

Thanks for pointing that out.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Feb 11, 2006 9:56 AM | TYS Fan ]

Thanks again Michael.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.