Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Standings Up

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Standings Up
I've got the Pacific League standings up on the top page. Central League will follow when the season starts.

I'll be working on leaders soon. Box scores will also be coming in the next week or two. How popular was the Who's Hot, Who's Not feature on Borisov's Pro Yakyu? What else needs to be done?
Comments
Re: Standings Up
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Mar 27, 2007 10:20 PM | HNHF Fan ]

Personally the Who's Hot et al didn't do much for me. I like category leaders for both pitching and batting. Individual player stats are great, but I know they may be time consuming to post. But they are what I would look at the most myself. Team stats are also great.

Michael, thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I don't know how you find the time.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:31 AM | YG Fan ]

Thank you so much for doing the standings! One possible suggestion - could it say at the top, "Through games of $date"? It's pretty easy to tell right now, but later in the year I might find myself asking, "Does that include today's game or not?" Just a thought.

Again, thank you so much for all of your hard work.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

That's an excellent suggestion and . . . done.

Right now I'm using NPB BIS as the source. However, they don't update until some time between 8:00 and 10:00 am the following day. I'm considering switching to TBS as they update in the evening after the games are completed. However, they don't have home/road splits.

Those of you who read Japanese, what is your favorite site for standings?
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Apr 5, 2007 6:08 AM | YG Fan ]

Thanks - sometimes I just can't believe how awesome this site is.
[ Author: holygoat | Posted: Apr 6, 2007 11:19 PM | HT Fan ]

Michael, I just want to thank you for all the work you put into this website. When Borisov's site went down I thought that I'd lose a lot of the English language info that he had neatly packaged in one spot, but you've done an outstanding job taking over that huge task. Thanks again.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.