Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Log-in Problems

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Log-in Problems
Greetings, Westbaystars-san,

I want to post responses on a couple of forums using my registered screen name, but I can't log-in. When I click the link, I get the following:
Jive Forums 2.2.0 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following error occurred. If you believe it to be a bug, please report it in the Jive support forums at: http://www.jivesoftware.com/community/
java.lang.NullPointerException:
at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:79)
[...]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Hope this helps. I'd like to log in!

Thanks,

Samurai Gratz
(Alan Gratz)

Comments
Re: Log-in Problems
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 29, 2004 2:07 PM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks for bringing this up. I've had this problem from time to time, too - usually when Google is going over the site. I need to do one of two things:
  • Increase the number of database connections in the connection cache, or
  • Reduce the number of database queries per page.

I wanted to work on the second solution during my summer vacation (this week), but have been taking the kids out see dinosaurs and things. That's just as important (if not more so) to me as fixing this site.

Usually, hitting the "Reload" button will clear up the problem. I've never had to hit reload more than twice (although it has taken a while for a reply from time to time) to get the error to go away. However, the usual error I see is an "Out of Memory Error."

I logged out and tried to login from the "Login" link on the "Reply" page, and it worked fine. What page did you go to the login page from?

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.