Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Beat Writers?

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Beat Writers?
I was wondering if you were in need of beat writers or staffers? I could do a team if you want, or just plain writing. I do not meet the age requirements (it's not a factor! In my opinion only). I have no problem writing, and have a minimal but rapidly growing. Just tell me if you are interested, Mr. Westbay.
Comments
Re: Beat Writers?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 24, 2004 1:45 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'd love to have a few beat writers! Garland-san used to write his articles here, but got a better offer from the BaseballGuru (who pays, I don't). I have no problems with people tuning their writing skills here then moving on, and knowledge is more important than age. I don't have nearly the amount of time to cover all the news I'd like to, so it would really help out!

Until I get something new in place (most likely this off season), just submit your stories as you've done. Remember to site your sources (which I assume are web pages, since you're listed as being in Canada).

I look forward to reading more news from you.

Take care.
Re: Beat Writers?
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Sep 25, 2004 12:36 AM ]

One small correction, Michael: I can say for a fact I've never recieved a dime from baseballguru.com, nor have I asked for one. I'd be surprised if anyone over there has gotten anything. But, if so, I have reason to say I doubt it's common.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.