Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Server Upgrade

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Server Upgrade
Last February, I wrote about hardware problems on this server. It's been a full season, and the hard disk was unresponsive only a few times during that period (while the server ran 24/7 all along - without any security breaches or weekly reboots like air traffic controllers have to do with their new Microsoft systems).

At long last, though, I'm getting the server replaced. The time frame I have is "sometime between November 15 - 22." I should have more information in the next day or two, but wanted to make sure you all had a heads-up with a few days' notice.

So, if this server is unreachable next week, don't panic. Open up a text editor and keep a journal of all the things you want to say. Then post them all at once (on different threads) when the server comes back up - hopefully no later than November 23.
Comments
Re: Server Upgrade
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 21, 2004 7:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm in the middle of moving everything right now. Expect some things to break temporarily.
Re: Server Upgrade
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 6, 2004 12:07 AM | YBS Fan ]

The move to the new server is now complete.

I hope that the problem we've been having with the top of some posts has been cleared away now. If any posts after today still get scrambled, I'll look into the problem further.

This server move and the 2004 in Review paper have been taking most of my free time lately. I'll be moving on to completing 2004 data now, and with the release of the yearly Record Book at the end of the month, hope to have everything done and a downloadable copy of my database by the end of the New Year holidays. (North America gets a Christmas holiday, we get a week at the new year.)

After that, a site redesign is in order, hopefully before the start of the 2005 season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.